Software Analysis, Composition and Optimization
I'm interested in metrics for assessing quality of software and technical documentation, design pattern detection and architecture recovery for software comprehension, context-aware composition and parallelization for software optimization, and pointer analysis as a foundation.
Alumnis: Dr Joakim Nivre (2005) - Dr Thomas Panas (2005) - Dr Morgan Ericsson (2008) - Dr Rüdiger Lincke (2009) - Dr Dennis Strein (2009) - Dr Marcus Edvinsson (2010) - Dr Tobias Gutzmann (2013) - Dr Jonas Lundberg (2014) - Dr Antonina Danylenko (2015) - Dr Jens Kirchner (2016)
Current and most recent projects:
- Software Technology for Self-Adaptive Systems (2015-2019) is funded by the Knowledge Foundation with 11.5 MSEK. Partners are IBM, Hughes Power System, Vattenfall, Ericsson, Sigma Technology, Softwerk, Wexiödisk, and Yaskawa funding the project in kind with another 12.5 MSEK.
- Effective and Efficient Information Quality Assessment (2012-2015) is funded by the Knowledge Foundation with 3 MSEK. Partners are Sigma Kudos and Ericsson funding the project with another 2.6 MSEK and 1.2 MSEK, respectively, and Softwerk providing tools.
- Context-aware Composition of Parallel Components (2011-2013) is funded by the Swedish Research Council with 2.4 MSEK. Co-applicant was Christoph Kessler.
- Block-Free Concurrent GC: Stack Scanning and Copying. ISMM (2016)
- Concurrent compaction using a field pinning protocol. ISMM (2015)
- Concurrent Transformation Components using Contention Context Sensors. ASE (2014) distinguished paper award
- Dynamically Transforming Data Structures. ASE (2013)
- Points-to Analysis: A Fine-Grained Evaluation. J.UCS 18(20): 2851-2878 (2012)
- Optimized composition of performance-aware parallel components. CCPE 24(5): 481-498 (2012)
- Evaluation of Accuracy in Design Pattern Occurrence Detection. IEEE TSE 36(4): 575-590 (2010)
- Fast and precise points-to analysis. IST 51(10): 1428-1439 (2009)
- Comparing software metrics tools. ISSTA: 131-142 (2008)
- An Extensible Meta-Model for Program Analysis. IEEE TSE 33(9): 592-607 (2007)
- Automatic design pattern detection. IEEE IWPC: 94-103 (2003)
- Foundations of Fast Communication via XML. Ann. Software Eng. 13(1-4): 357-379 (2002)
- Lazy XML processing. ACM DocEng, 88-94 (2002)
- Scheduling balanced task-graphs to LogP-machines. PC 26(9): 1083-1108 (2000)
- Upper Time Bounds for Executing PRAM-Programs on the LogP-Machine. ACM Supercomputing (1996)